Queanbeyan armed robbery sparks police appeal for information

Police are appealing for information following an armed robbery at Queanbeyan earlier this week.

About 10.45pm on Monday, a man, armed with a knife, entered a grocery store on Donald Road, Queanbeyan.

Police said the man walked behind the counter and threatened the store attendant with the knife, before demanding cash and cigarettes.

The attendant complied, and the man fled on foot along Fergus Street.

No physical injuries were sustained as a result of the incident.

Officers from Monaro Police District attended and established a crime scene.

Police are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed a man in his late 30s to early 40s, approximately 180cm tall, with a tanned complexion, muscular build, wearing a grey/blue hooded tracksuit and sunglasses around the time of the incident.

As investigations into the robbery continue, police are urging anyone who may have information or dashcam/CCTV to contact Queanbeyan police station or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Meantime, in separate police news, two men have been charged after allegedly threatening a man with a firearm.

About 1.30am on Wednesday, police said a 20-year-old man attended the Queanbeyan Station after he was allegedly threatened with a handgun on Carinya Street, Queanbeyan.

Following inquiries, officers stopped a vehicle on Cooma Road and arrested two men, aged 35 and fifty-two.

During a search of the vehicle, a replica firearm was allegedly located and seized.

The two men were taken to Queanbeyan Police Station.

A search warrant was subsequently executed at an address in Boronia Street, where police allegedly seized a conducted electrical weapon, gel blaster firearm, BB pistol, replica firearm, numerous knives and machetes, a cannabis plant, property believed to be stolen and a small amount of methamphetamine.

The younger man was charged with common assault, possess unauthorised pistol, have custody of an offensive implement in a public place, possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit.

The older man was charged with common assault and possession of an unauthorised pistol.

Both men were refused bail to face Queanbeyan Local Court on Thursday.

Inquiries are continuing.