Police investigate $1 million Queanbeyan cocaine seizure

Come forward if you know something, police urge community

Police are appealing for public assistance following the seizure of nearly $1 million of cocaine at Queanbeyan earlier this year.

As part of joint investigations into large-scale drug supply in the Queanbeyan and Canberra region, officers from the Southern Region Enforcement Squad and ACT Policing executed a search warrant at a storage complex on Aurora Avenue, Queanbeyan, on Friday, April 3

Police said officers located and seized more than 2kg of cocaine, which has an estimated potential street value of $900,000.

A large amount of a drug cutting agent, later identified as caffeine and Inositol, and drug paraphernalia was also seized.

A 22-year-old man from Kambah, ACT, was arrested at the time. He was released pending further inquiries.

Strike Force Rogal was established to investigate the seizure, including the involvement of a Canberra based concreting company.

Southern Region Enforcement Squad Commander, Detective Chief Inspector Joe Thone, says police believe there are people in the community who are withholding crucial information.

"We have spoken to a number of people during our investigations so far and our officers are currently following several lines of inquiry, including forensic evidence and the involvement of local contractors in the supply of drugs between the ACT and NSW," Detective Chief Inspector Thone said.

"We believe there are people out there who know something, but who are not willing to come forward," he said.

"We will continue to target those engaging in the supply of illicit drugs, and rest assured anyone who engages in these activities will face the full brunt of the law."

Inquiries are continuing.

This story Come forward if you know something, police urge community first appeared on Goulburn Post.

Comments